Quick Guide for TRUE TALENT
So you agree that the message is the most important part of the book - whether it’s knowledge, feelings or perfectly crafted thoughts you want to put out there. And you’re pretty sure that you have something important, beautiful, interesting, funny, exciting or even life-changing to tell.
We’re here to help you reach passionate readers that believe true talent should be supported and poor quality work should perish. Are you brave enough?
We’ll welcome you with open arms and give you:
- a 70% share in revenue from each copy that you sell
- a promotional platform with editorial reviews
- a simple distribution model with viral potential
- money withdrawal on demand to your PayPal account
- live sales data on your profile
- publishing freedom - you keep the rights to your work
If you believe in your work don’t bother investing big money in marketing and PR. The most powerful selling tip is RECOMMENDATION. This is why we believe in freedom of copying and sharing.
How does it work?
- Each eBook comes with a payment link embedded in the file so everyone reading the book is reminded that if they enjoy it they can support the author by contributing what they think would be best
- We encourage readers to copy and share eBook files freely so your work can reach as many people as possible
- This is how your message is spread, and the more people who get the chance to know about your work, the more likely it is that you’ll reach those who’ll love what you wrote
- If they love it, they’ll want to encourage you to write more by paying what they think is best
- If you’re ready to sell your book simply:
- register on our website
- create your author profile
- upload your book
- set a recommended price
Each eBook goes through a moderation process and if everything goes smoothly, your book should appear in the service within 72 hours.
Having doubts about the business model?
It’s a bit like doubting yourself. If you work hard and your heart is in the result, people will notice. Simply give them time to:
- read the book first
- love it
- think how much they would like and how much they can actually afford to pay
- share it by copying and sending the file to their friends, co-workers, acquaintances or family
Some can afford to pay more than the price you recommended, some can make a symbolic contribution and some may not pay at all. Because each taste is different. Some crave tragic fantasy stories with a complicated plot while others can’t live without smart and funny romance.
Just give them the chance to know you and your world:
- promote your eBook files on blogs, social media and web portals
- write your own press releases
- ask famous bloggers for reviews
- create graphic and video materials
You are the one that knows your work best so why pay thousands of dollars for marketing smalltalk? And remember good quality prevails so:
- put your heart into your work
- neatly prepare an ePUB version of your book
- design, order or find a beautiful cover that will perfectly connect with your message (try sxc.hu, istockphoto.com or flickr.com and search for creative commons licenses if in doubt)
- describe your book in a few but just the right words that won’t reveal too much but will give us something to whet our appetite
We understand that selling or publishing your book can be a delicate and personal matter, so if you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We’re happy to be part of the wonderful adventure of getting your book out there and building your audience.
The OpenBooks.com Team